2020 1 KILO SILVER COOK ISLANDS BOUNTY
BOLD is very pleased to feature this remarkable 2020 edition of the 1 Kilo Silver Cook Islands Bounty bullion coin series. Cook Islands is a self-governing parliamentary democracy in association with New Zealand. Located in the South Pacific Ocean, Cook Islands actually consists of 15 inhabited islands. As with New Zealand, Cook Islands has developed a very active market offering some of the most unique, finely designed and produced collectible bullion coins available.
The ship featured on this 2020 1 Kilo Silver Cook Islands Bounty is representative of the actual ship, HMS Bounty, acquired and commissioned by the Royal Navy in 1787. It went on to enter Maritime infamy during its first voyage on a botanical mission, as Commanding Lieutenant William Bligh succumbed to mutiny led by Lieutenant Fletcher Christian. While attempting avoid capture, the HMS Bounty was actually navigated through the waters of Cook Islands. The mutineers finally chose to burn the ship.
Of course, the ship and the events surrounding its first (and final) mission was made popularly famous by the novel published in 1932, authored by Charles Nordhoff and James Norman Hall. A movie adaptation was released in 1962, and a second movie in 1984.
As a legal tender offering by Cook Islands, the obverse displays the Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, with a highly unique background pattern. The inscriptions at the rim include, "ELIZABETH II. COOK ISLANDS . 2020"
The reverse features a finely detailed likeness of the HMS Bounty with the same background pattern as the obverse. Inscriptions at the bottom rim include, "30 DOLLARS . 1 Kilo FINE SILVER .9999."
- 2020 1 Kilo Silver Cook Islands Bounty.
- Issued by Cook Island.
- Contains 1 Kilo of .9999 fine silver.
- Based upon the historical Royal Navy ship, HMS Bounty, lost to mutiny in 1789.
- Obverse: displays the Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, with a highly unique background pattern. The inscriptions include, "ELIZABETH II. COOK ISLANDS . 2020".
- Reverse: features a finely detailed likeness of the HMS Bounty with the same background pattern as the obverse. Inscriptions include, "30 DOLLARS . 1 Kilo FINE SILVER .9999."
- Legal tender coin backed by the Cook Islands government.